View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
In the past few years the cruiselines have made a major push to offer heart healthy selections at every meal..I wonder on Paula's cruise if there is a Paula Deen selection on the menu in the MDR every night

As part of my cardiac rehab therapy the hospital dietian took us on a "field trip" to WalMart's and it was an eye opener to see how much sodium is in almost everthing and how much more expensive it is to shop healthy and how little you get for your dollar

Paula could have a whole second comeback career by taking her popular meals and substituting for all the bad stuff (butter, cream etc)...if she could accomplish that, no one would care about all the other stuff
This is why I grow my own stuff and have a sister that loves making homemade Jelly and Jam. Those things provide better control. I know my Pepper and chilies don't have e coli. On a side note the more convenient the food the worst it is for you. Most prepackage food has high sodium. This is why I prefer to cook dinner instead of pop it in the microwave. My home cooked meals are healthier and tastier then any prepackaged frozen dinner. Also living in California I have access to a wide choice fresh veggies and fruits year round. I got tomatoes on the vine already they are still green but soon the great tomato harvest begins. My hubby loves that I have so spoil the man he can't stand grocery store tomatoes. I tried a Paula Deen recipe once way too much butter and cream. It felt greasy and not good.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994