View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen View Post
Yes all bookings now must prepay tips.

The envelopes are still left in the cabin on the last day. Worked out well for me since I was planning on tipping extra.

We always have the same waiter on my time dining. If you are happy with your waiter on the first day then just request him/her for the rest of the week. You don't have to have different waiters if you don't want to.

A crew member told me last week on Allure that cruisers do remove all prepaid tips on the last day of the cruise. The week before my cruise it was over 400 cruisers that removed tips without giving a reason as to why...just want it removed...

People that don't want to tip at all to save a buck really should not cruise!
The waiters and cabin stewards work long hours 7 days a week for 6 months straight. God bless them!!!
All bookings do not have auto pre-paid tips. Auto pre-paid are on those who have My Time Dining only. All others are added daily to the onboard account.

Also, anyone who has prepaid tips cannot remove them onboard. The crew member gave you wrong information. However if it was people who had the tips added daily, they can remove them at the front desk. They will usually ask why, but a reason isn't mandatory I'm afraid.

Of that 400, how many then gave cash? One cannot just embellish something without hard facts to back them up.

I think it's rude to remove the grats, however there are reasons for doing it. For example, if you want to remove it from one person for bad service, you can't - you have to remove all.

And there are still a lot of people who prefer to give grats in cash.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.