View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
First Mate

Hi 1lonely, liketo and scuba, also liv2tom,

if any of you would be more inclined to fly, at least one way, to/from HI and do the cruise from the Norwegian POA, I am interested in seeing HI that way without spending so many days at sea. I'd also consider a one-way cruise US west coast - HI; west or east bound and add to it the 7 day cruise on POA with a couple days in a hotel in between, for a total of 12-15 days around the islands. Hate to only spend 7 nights in HI once I get there is why I'm hoping to stay for an extended time.

There are 4 ships doing a one-way to HI this fall if you are interested. They all have 5 sea days.

RC Rhapsody Sept 6 12n from Vancouver (7n in HI) +3 nights in Honolulu hotel, then 7 nights on POA
RC Radiance Sept 13 10n " Vancouver (5n in HI) +4n in hotel then board POA
Celeb Solstice Sept 23 11n " Ensenada (6n in HI,does not go to Kauai) +1 night in hotel then POA
Celeb Millennium Oct 22 11n " Ensenada (7n in HI) +0 nights in hotel - board POA same day

Then in late April or early May 2014 all but the Millennium do the return cruise from HI back to Vancouver.

I am happy with just an inside room or OV but would pay 1/3 of the difference for a balcony if it is important to you. Prices for inside cabin on VTG right now are $91, $129, $118, and $86 / night for these 4 cruises.
OV cabins are $124, $156, $118, $118 for the 4 ships. Strange that Solstice has the same $ for inside, OV and balcony right now? the corresponding inside cabin rates on NCL POA are from $195 to $224 /night.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow

Last edited by ednotmilkman; July 16th, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: more info on possible one-way cruises