View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by diann744 View Post
Hi, I usually hang out on Cruise Critic but I can't post there because Im hoping to track down a birthday gift for my sister and she'll surely see any inquiries that I post publicly on CC.

She fell in love with a painting/print on one of the ships (not sure which one) and I'm trying to see if I can find the artist's name or any other info that might lead me to obtaining a print for purchase. I've Googled everything I can think of and HAL Ship Services can't help even though I've seen hundreds of pieces from the same artist on HAL ships.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Diann
You might try contacting CC poster Topsham who is Steven Card, the artist who paints all the lovely ship pictures you see in the stairways on HAL ships. He may have an answer for you. He lives in Bermuda.
You could either post a request for him to email you or I am sure if you used google you could find some way of contacting him.
Since he is very well known in Bermuda and his paintings hang in the maritime museum at the dockyard, an email to the museum could possibly put you in contact.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Steven a couple of times and he is a very pleasant person.

I am not betraying a poster's identity as he is quite open about it himself on CC.