Thread: NCL Dawn
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default NCL Dawn

Hi Everyone....It's been awhile since i was on here. I cruised for the first time last year on RCI Oasis of the Seas last October and it was amazing! I am rounding up a bunch of friends, we have at least 12 so far, to cruise out of Boston next Oct. 31. We live in CT so we wanted something cheaper and don't want to fly. It looks like the Dawn is the ship we will choose to Bermuda. I will not ask about weather ( 25-30 ft waves on Oasis at the end of Hurricane Sandy, ugggg) as i know it's a crap shoot, thank God for the patch!

I am however interested in the food. I do not need or expect 5 star dining but i am curious to know about the freestyle dining from people who have sailed recently. Is there enough variety of places to eat food included in the cruise? Does freestyle mean you eat when ever and where ever you want (except for the extra charge restaurants I mean)? Is there enough to do? I admit being a little spoiled after the Oasis but am not turning my nose up at all to a smaller ship.

Last question......how about Bermuda, what kinds of excursions are there once on land? If you have cruised to Bermuda, have you just spent a lot of time on the ship or on land?

I am probably going to go to a travel agent to book this and am hoping for a free room or upgrade because of the larger booking. Thanks in advance for any input, I LOVE this fourm and the people on it!

Kerry
RCI Oasis of the Seas, western caribbean October 27-Nov 3, 2012