View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:35 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcruising View Post
Thanks all for that quick response, lots of helpful answers!

Theres a lot of tipping going on! So i think ill prepay tips (how will the waiter etc know ive already tipped?) and then just leave the rest to the cruise card to sort out.

Sounds like fun i think i will book soon.

As im from the UK im not sure our travel agents do just small cruises but i will certainly have a look into it now!!

The hotel staff ( waiters and cabin steward) know who has paid gratuities.
You really don't need to use a travel agent to book a cruise - I used one for my first cruise and learned nothing from her. I have booked direct since and always get my information from Cruise forums such as this one.
The person who is advising you to use a travel agent is one....
Read your Cruise Compass ( daily bulletin showing all activities) and carry it with you so you don't miss anything. On a four day cruise to the Bahamas you don't get a day at sea, so you will be on the go each day, the problem becomes how can you do all the things that interest you , in such a short time. Here is a typical day - Majesty of the Seas Cruise Compass - July 11, 2011 | Royal Caribbean Blog it's not a recent one, but they are very similar.
Be sure to go to the Sailaway party up on deck.
My favorite spot on Majesty is the Boleros bar - watching people dance Salsa, wishing I could do that...
You don't need cash onboard. When you check in for your cruise they give you a Seapass card- that is your room key, ID card and credit card onboard. You need it to get on and off the ship. All your meals are included, plus room service is free except for the hours of 12mn- 5am, there is a $4 service charge during the night.
You have the main dining rooms, the Windjammer buffet, Compass deli and Sorrentos Pizza all included. There is a small fee for Johnny Rockets
diner. Drinks - soda package is $6.50 per day for adults and $4.50 for children. These are fountain drinks, not cans. You will also see cans in your room refrig - they charge $2.50 each for those. Alcohol packages are fairly new, but all passengers over 21 in your cabin must participate, so people don't buy one and then share it around... There will be an ondeck BBQ one night, and a BBQ@ lunch provided on CocoCay.