View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Many years ago the Carnival experience was "Party Party Party" I well remember seeing people passed out on floors in the lobby. That was on the Festivale during my first cruise in 1983. In 1984 I had a similar experience on Mardi Gras. I nearly gave up on cruising. In the late 80's I went on Carnival Celebration and noticed a slight shift toward less party time and new attitudes from the cruise line. I repeated the Celebration the next year and again was pleasantly surprised. I stopped cruising due my Mothers illness. I next cruised in 2004 on Carnival Spirit and noticed a huge difference in the experience. The parties of old were gone. The cruise ship was filled with families and the atmosphere was nicer. What a nice difference. If there were an award for most changed cruise line then Carnival would win it. I still hear people with that attitude that Carnival is all party. I bet if they would try it they might change their mind.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain