View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Third Oasis ship may grant your wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Hi Matelot,
I too would love one of the newer ships doing a Southern route. I think there could be a problem getting into ports though, with these ships so large, tendering would take all day, so that is out and some just don't have the pier space. May-be someday that will change too...
Third Oasis-class cruise ship[edit source | edit]On 25 October 2012 Royal Caribbean confirmed that the company was engaged in negotiations to build a third Oasis-class vessel and hoped to enter an agreement before the year's end. The ship, which the company would expect to cost less per berth basis than the two previous ships and to be more energy efficient, would be delivered in middle to late 2016.[20]

On 27 December 2012, Royal Caribbean ordered the third Oasis-class cruise ship from STX France,[21] after failing to come to an agreement with the Government of Finland to build the ship at the STX Finland shipyard that built the first two ships.[22][23][24][25] The contract includes an option for a fourth ship to be delivered in 2018.[21]

I have envisioned that RCCL may run an Oasis class ship through the Panama Canal and then operate it off the West Coast. Another option might be a southern Caribbean cruise route to get cruisers back on these ships as they grow older. Finally, the most likely scenario is to take either the Oasis or the Allure to Europe as soon as the new ship is launched. I am sure RCCL has found that these ships still are novel in the mind of a lot of cruisers and will attract repeat sailings among even veteran cruisers.

Of course there are always grippers who will complain that the pools are not big enough or some other trivial items so you can't make everybody happy.
I am happy with the Allure.