Thread: Crucon
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
DKJ...

I respect you as a poster, and I am very glad you continue to use CruiseMates. I guess you could say the rules have been lightened up a little, or you could say the way we apply them has lightened up.

I don't like to turn any thread into a discussion of the rules - but we do allow people to ask about various agencies and I think most of us gave fair assessments of what we think is the business model of the agency.

We also don't have rules against mentioning Cruise Critic (we have rules against people telling people here to go there) - that is difference.

the "attacks" and defamatory language that are not allowed refer to people doing it to one another here in the boards, but you have the right to express any opinion about a cruise-related business.

I actually don't even find what people said here about the agency to be that negative - they described what they believe the business model to be (based on their experience) and if that is what a person wants (and many people do) then I see no problems with going that route.

I cannot personally verify for the accuracy of what people say here, but that isn't my job. If someone wants to express a different opinion about the company they are welcome to do that - its open discussion here - we don't censor people's opinions here as long as it isn't slander (and look up the definition of slander - deliberately lying in order to cause harm to a party - and I have no reason to believe that is the case here). That's all I will say about rules here - this is a cruise discussion board.
Very well stated, Paul!

As you said, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to express it. And as far as this post goes, I agree completely; no rules have been broken or even bent. People are simply passing along their personal experiences dealing with a question that was asked.

As for Cruise Critic removing posters, they are notorious for that! All it takes is one comment disagreeing with a long-time poster and it will get you banned even if their comments were completely wrong and your comments are 100% accurate. I know that from first hand experience. Had someone post something that was definitely not correct and all I did was post a comment that here is the cruise line's policy on the matter and then pasted a copy directly from the cruise line's website stating their policy. Made no comment the poster was wrong, simply posted three words; "here's their policy". But because it made the long-time poster look bad, I got banned. Go figure. I've actually been banned 3 times and each time was for providing factual accurate details so the person asking a question had the correct information. Found out a long time ago they really aren't interested in the facts. But there are sure alot of attitudes over there! Not to mention alot of inaccurate information.

I'm thankful that Cruise Mates doesn't sequester the exchange of information and encourages differing viewpoints without the threatening expulsion.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!