View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Staying on the ship is a great idea! After many cruises, you will find that all ports look the same, and you get the same shopping and touristy stuff. We're sailing Oasis this fall, and unless there is a beach really close to the port (sometimes beaches are walking distance) we'll probably stay onboard and enjoy the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteragape View Post
My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in March with Princess (Caribbean Princess). The stops are Cozumel, Belize and Roatan.
1. The week we have booked is Spring Break.
2. We are 50 (hubby) and 45 (me) cruising alone, both NON-drinkers.
3. I have recently (within a year of cruise date) had a total knee replacement, complete with a prostetic knee cap.
4. We are looking forward to some rest and relaxation after a VERY stressful year.

Having said this, we are looking to maybe skip a port and just relax on the ship while a majority of people will be out. Maybe enjoy the pools and not be as crowded.
It seems as though all three stops offer pretty much the same thing, so in everyone's experience, which port would you skip? Someone said in Belize we may have to take a smaller vessel to get to the destinations, and that may be hard on my new knee...then someone said being spring break that Cozumel may be over-run with drunk college students.
Open to all suggestions and advice!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991