View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I read everything I could about Jesse Helms and it seems he was very out spoken, and wasn't afraid to go against what the party wanted.
You read everything you could about Helms? Don't you remember him? You're certainly old enough. You don't remember his elevator encounter with Illinois Senator Carol Mosely Braun of Illinois, then the only African-American in the Senate? You don't remember that he said he would make her cry by singing "Dixie," and proceeded to sing? She didn't cry, but all those in the elevator were aghast. The overt racism of the man was legendary, not just in Washington, but in the whole nation. He was constantly re-elected by people who were fine with that.

Quote:
I only can find AR saying Cruz is a racist. Not even Texas demos are saying that, so could this be a case of beat him up incase he runs in 16?
You're not looking hard enough, in Texas and everywhere else. Do your homework.

Quote:
AS far as the birthers, Cruz came out with the story, and birth certificate, before anyone could ask for it. He didn't try to hid anything.
As much as you love to pin everything you can on me, AR never said anything about the birther issue, although I do find it entertaining.

Quote:
I would also like to remind all that Cruz was elected to represent the people in his district. He speaks for us, and when we no longer think he is doing a good job, then WE will vote him out.
No, he wasn't elected to represent people in his "district." Unfortunately, he is a senator, not a Congressman. Accordingly, it's his job to represent your whole bloody state. And your state's toleration of him is one of the most potent reasons that Texas is gradually turning purple and will in the next 15 or 20 years be an entirely different place politically. I hope I'm around to see it happen.

Quote:
I encourage anyone reading this to go to Cruz's web site, and see what how he really feels.
Right. A politician's website is the first place to look when you want to know the truth about him, and how he "really feels." Please.