View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship2shore View Post
I guess my somewhat disjointed point is: "Beers Wins".
Yes, very disjointed, and I didn't know it was a contest and that you were the referee.

I mean, you're welcome to make all the claims you like about the need for levity, the way people handle things and all the rest. But as time goes on and we become more and more inured to massacres, as we move on to "other things" more and more rapidly after they happen, I fear for our national moral compass. There's nothing I can do about it, and it's got little to do with what I want personally. Familiarity breeds contempt, or at least indifference. . .that's a fact of life. And the trend seems to be that the more these things happen the more indifferent we become. That was the point of my OP, and as I said, it's not limited to this little bulletin board.

I expect to see that trend continue and I make no apology for being sad about it. The Navy Yard will disappear from the news completely as soon as everyone is buried in a day or two, and while I hope the victims rest in peace, the memory of what happened will not, at least not with me.