View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First time Cruising!!

Belize is a great port to stop at if you like adventure activities and can arrange a trip down the river tubing, or exploring a cave. You can also get some good diving in, if the cruise ship has facilities to book you onto a dive or snorkel excursion. However, I guess with your knee issue this may not really be for you, so I would take advantage of the emptier ship in Belize to explore the facilities. Book a spa treatment in advance for that time in port, or just take your time in the restaurant or lounging round the pool. You can enjoy a good shore excursion in Roatan or Cozumel. Sometimes itís fine just to kick back and relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteragape View Post
My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in March with Princess (Caribbean Princess). The stops are Cozumel, Belize and Roatan.
1. The week we have booked is Spring Break.
2. We are 50 (hubby) and 45 (me) cruising alone, both NON-drinkers.
3. I have recently (within a year of cruise date) had a total knee replacement, complete with a prostetic knee cap.
4. We are looking forward to some rest and relaxation after a VERY stressful year.

Having said this, we are looking to maybe skip a port and just relax on the ship while a majority of people will be out. Maybe enjoy the pools and not be as crowded.
It seems as though all three stops offer pretty much the same thing, so in everyone's experience, which port would you skip? Someone said in Belize we may have to take a smaller vessel to get to the destinations, and that may be hard on my new knee...then someone said being spring break that Cozumel may be over-run with drunk college students.
Open to all suggestions and advice!