View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Sailed on the Pride of America a number of years ago in Hawaii. Was the best NCL cruise that I have been on!!! To bad that something can't be done about the BUTT UGLY outside looks of the ship... Have sailed on the NCL's Wind, Sky and Aloha all disappointing cruise experiences. Never again on NCL...
Hi, Newbie here. Still getting used to this site, which I happened to stumble across!

Elliott, you obviously have not sailed with Norwegian in a number of years. We have sailed on most of the mainstream lines, and NCL is our favorite by far.

We will be on the POA in august 2014 and have been following the ship's refurbishment story. Just a word of warning to anyone thinking of booking one of the new suites, I believe on deck 13. They are, I believe, as of today still being advertised by NCL as being 2 bedroom suites when in fact they are not. They are currently in the midst of a PR nightmare as cruisers are just now being notified of the error and NCL is attempting to make it right with their passengers.

That said, IMO, if you want to cruise Hawaii, there is no better option than NCL. Over 100 port hours, and really, that is why I'm going to Hawaii. Not expecting the ship experience to be the same as the rest of the fleet.