View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
The very first cruise we were on was a Princess cruise over spring break several years ago. We met a college student on the ship who told us that he was only allowing himself 1 beer per day because he only had $50.00 with him to pay for extras.

I just finished reading Kuki's blog on Cruise Budgeting and I am curious to see just how many folks here on cruise mates would go on a cruise if you were limited to say $200.00 to spend above and beyond the cruise fare and auto tips? Could you, as the young man I described above, really enjoy yourself by being so severely limited on funds?
I just got my first cruise under my belt. I made notes from day one as to what to do and what not to do on my next cruise.
I set a limit of $500 for my 7 day cruise.
Just before disembarking I closed out my account and got $305.00 back.
I had 6 or 7 alcoholic drinks on the ship, tipped room service delivery man and my room stewad generously by their standards - not mine. It just depends on his much you plan on boozing it up, how generous you plan your tips to be to the wait staff and your room steward. Shore excursions are another story. I will never make shore excursion reservations again. Just step off the ship in port and you will be offered all kinds of shore excursions. Haggle with them!
If anyone wants my list of things I leaned please let me know.
Jim

Carnival Conquest - October 7 through October 13, 2013 (the first of many!)