View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
What my people? Tea Partiers, I am not a member. Texans? Your Title says Tea Party. I am not sure what the rules say about how many it takes to attack the whole group, but I'm pretty sure it is more than one.
When a Democrat says something stupid (and they do that a lot), you and Paul and all the other righties are quick to point out the party affiliation. And when Ted Cruz says something stupid (which he does every five minutes), he's identified as a Republican, even though most Republicans see him as the vainglorious fool that he is. But he's still a Republican. So why is it improper to call Neugebauer a tea party member, when he openly proclaims that he is? You're not a tea party member yourself? Oh, right, you're an independent. I forgot.

Quote:
Let's face it AR. I will not follow the Pied Piper. I believe that each person has the right to speak, and equally to question the Gov. But I do know if people don't start speaking up, they will one day wake up and realize that right is no longer there.
It is my fervent hope that I will one day wake up and find that the right is no longer there. Oh, wait, that's not what you meant, is it? In any event, you're following your own pied piper, and he's leading you off the cliff (to slightly mix a fairy-tale metaphor).

Quote:
All these people speaking up are in the Obama's way. He would like nothing better than for Tea Partiers, and Fox news to be gone tomorrow. That is why the piper has instructed his minions to say and do anything to discredit them.
He doesn't need to do that. They're doing a perfectly good job of it on their own.

Quote:
I was asked a question in an e-mail from someone who has read your attack threads in the past couple of months. WHY TEXAS? You have picked on the representatives, the Governor, and the people. I realize you started in what was it So Carolina? But all your energy lately has been about this great state and the equally great people. WHY?
My first reaction is to wonder why your e-mail friend doesn't ask directly. I reckon we're talking about one of the majority of people who read this board but don't have the courage to post.

That aside, why Texas? Where do I begin?

Well, let's start with the aforementioned Mr. Neugebauer and the Park Ranger. It takes a special kind of insensitivity to grandstand and berate someone in that way. He's disgraceful, but I haven't heard a word denouncing him from Texas. Stunningly, you personally hint that what he did wasn't all that bad. Many of us think otherwise.

Next on the hit parade comes Congressman Joe Barton (R-Tex). Here's my favorite proclamation from Joe: "Wind is a finite resource and harnessing it would slow the winds down which would cause the temperature to go up." He made this statement to support why he against wind as a clean source of power. It would be funny except that Joe is the author of the Energy Policy Act. He shouldn't be allowed outside unsupervised, much less elected to Congress.

Then there's good ol' Congressman Steve Stockman (R-Tex). Steve's campaign bumper sticker said this: "If Babies Had Guns They Wouldn't Be Aborted" No constituency should ever send to high office a man who would say that.

Ted Cruz? Well, he's made so many enemies that some of us dare to hope that perhaps he's "peaked," but we'll see. People as twisted as he is tend to survive in the political world far longer than they should. Interestingly, the largest paper in Texas, the Houston Chronicle, which had endorsed Ted Cruz when he ran, said this in an editorial yesterday: "When we endorsed Tex Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation--that he follow (Kay Bailey) Hutchinson's example in his conduct as a senator. Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem." Amen.

I could do paragraphs on Cornyn and Perry, but I won't.

Then, last night, 18 senators voted to have the government default. In only three states of our Union did both senators vote for this reckless course. Was Texas one of them? You betcha. Congratulations.

By the way, you claim that default would be fine, and that the perils of not paying the bills are an invention of the left. That's not true, but let's assume for a minute that you're right. You were very bold to ask those here who live outside the US what they think of the AFA, and you didn't necessarily get the answers you hoped for. Why don't you ask the same folks what the rest of the world thinks of default brinksmanship? They look at Cruz and the rest of these Keystone Kops and think that our nation has absolutely lost its mind. Don't believe it? Ask them.

The right has plenty of science deniers, and now people like you are what I call debt deniers. The science deniers tend to change their tune when they need a revolutionary medical advance to make them well; debt deniers will change their tune when they see their 401s go down the dumper again due to a worldwide recession. Irresponsible, head-in-the-sand people.

So, here's the deal Luanne (and your anonymous correspondent). . .I've lived in Washington for more than four decades and have heard the "What's wrong with Washington?" chant for all of that time. Now it is at a crescendo. And the answer, obviously, is that what's wrong with Washington is the jackasses the rest of the country elects and sends here. And Texas sends far more than its fair share. We don't grow them. If you want to know what's wrong with Washington, look to yourselves.

Quote:
Is it because the piper hopes to have Texas as a demo state, where all follow the man off the deep end? Not going to happen. These people are strong, and stand up for themselves.
Every Democratic politician hopes to persuade Republicans to their point of view, and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that. It's just politics, and perfectly normal. And while the white middle class and below in Texas will continue to be "strong" for the GOP and the tea party, everybody who's been paying attention knows that the demographics there are shifting dramatically. This is making Texas more purple by the day, and may eventually turn it blue. You're on the way to a majority minority state.

Quote:
You suggested a couple of weeks ago, that you didn't care to "debate" with me anymore, and I agree. I am tired of sticking up for Texas and the Tea Party. There are Texans on this web site, and I know of three Tea Partiers, so I will let them take up the sword.
You wrote this almost two weeks ago. The silence is deafening.

Quote:
I really do care for you AR, and encourage you to think about who you are defending. You should be okay as long as you do the biding, but once you try to tell the truth, they might be after you. Ask James Rosen if you don't believe me.
Paranoia is not part of my lifestyle, thanks.