View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Default Jeez, I forgot Louie

I can't believe that in my answer about Texas I left Congressman Louis Gohmert (R-Tex) off my list.

As most people know, the Congressman has lately been running around calling his fellow Republican John McCain "an Al Qaeda supporter." I'm not a fan of McCain, but he sure ain't that! Last night on NBC Brian Williams asked McCain what he thought about the charge. Here's the transcript of the answer:

"Sometimes comments like that are made out of malice, but if someone has no intelligence I don't view it as a malicious statement. You can't respond to that kind of thing."

Well put.

I missed a few other things about Texas too. . .

--One of the leading states in voter suppression, a.k.a. the cure for which there is no disease. Unless you consider minorities, the poor and the elderly a disease.

--One of the leading states in capital punishment of the guilty and the innocent.

--The leading state in gathering petition signatures for secession. Even though secession is technically an act of treason, I'd be willing to wink at that and simply say, "Don't let the door hit you in the butt."

By the way, I'm coming to Texas tomorrow for a few days. I won't say what part, because I know that most of you carry guns and "ain't afeerd to use 'em."