View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
AR I did watch it, but don't understand why it relates to this thread.
It relates to the thread, because YOU said that the middle class is getting hurt. The point of the video and of what I said is that it's tough to hurt something that for practical purposes doesn't exist any more.

Quote:
I do have a few questions for you Z, and AR. Why did he have to lie? You know he did, because it is on tape. Did he lie because it was before an election, and he might not have won? What else he said was a lie?
How the hell would I know the answer to that? Of course he lied. He shouldn't have lied, nor should all the presidents before him who lied, and all those who will follow who will also lie. But of course those who came before and those yet to come are not Barack Obama. Somehow, he's different. I can't put my finger on why, but he just is.

Quote:
Why did he think that taking away medical care for hard working Americans was the answer? Wouldn't it have not been better to change the regulations, so that the good things of ACA could move forward, but not hurt those who already had insurance.
Oh cut out the "hard-working Americans" stuff. You're talking about people, hard-working and not hard-working, who have junk policies that are nothing more than insurance company scams. If you know people who "like" their junk policies you can be sure of one thing: they've never filed a serious claim on them, because their coverage is pathetic and the insurance companies routinely try to weasel out of the scant coverage they should be providing on them. The president should have made it abundantly clear that these policies would be deep-sixed. But it's just as true that cancelling them makes perfectly good sense, and the sooner the better. Because keeping them in force would mean that when the people who hold them need serious medical care, they'd have to rely on the kindness of strangers to get it, because the policies sure as hell wouldn't cover it. As a practical matter, these policies are the same thing as being uninsured, whether or not the customers "like" them. And, what everybody seems to miss is the fact that the crooked insurance companies didn't generally send the ACA options as alternatives when they sent the cancellation letters. Plus, the people who have the junk policies are the very ones who are most likely to qualify for the largest premium subsidies under ACA, meaning that on a net basis they'll get far more coverage for about the same money when the dust settles. Are you part of this group that has junk policies that are being cancelled? Or are you just championing the cause of your fellow downtrodden souls?

Quote:
Is he more interested in making things right, or to not back down, when so many on both sides said as it was written, it wouldn't work.
He's more interested in making things right.

Quote:
Anyone who has kept up with the news, knows he has lied many times. Can we trust someone who doesn't know the truth?
We can, but we know you can't.

Quote:
One more thing. AR I could care less what others make. They might have stolen, or maybe they worked hard for it, but it doesn't bother me. I have never been full of money envy.
It's not about money envy. It's about the disappearance of the middle class. It's the Robin Hood-in-reverse situation that we face. You soooo don't get it.

Quote:
I do care for those in my home, those in my family, and those around me. I care for the child who will go to bed hungry tonight. I cry for the man who is not lazy, but can't find a job to feed his family. I care about the soldier, who has to take off work, to go to the food stamp office to feed his or her family. I care about the woman, or man who had medical care to handle the cancer that was eating their bodies, but now get letters saying they will be cut off, and looking at the new plans, can't afford it.
Well, if you care about all those people, then you'd better care about that video I posted, because it explains why there are so many of them now, and why there will continue to be so many more. And please let me know about that cancer victim whose treatment is being covered by a junk policy, because that's just not happening anyplace except in your imagination.

Quote:
Five years of this gentlemen. Can we afford three more?
Sounds ominous. What are you suggesting?

Quote:
I don't live in an ivory tower. I am down here with the peasants. They are hurting and nobody seems to care anymore.
A lot of us care. But you won't listen and like so many others, you won't take "yes" for an answer. You may have forgotten that I have told you a number of times that from my "ivory tower" I would be happy to pay more in taxes, and while I don't wear it on my sleeve but I'll put our charitable giving up against anybody's. So cut the poormouth.

Quote:
You mention Romney. Why???? He lost the race. He is gone. What a fricking waste of time. Let's talk about what we are going to do to get people back to work. To restore the medical care that is being lost.
Let me tell you what a fricking waste of time is: a fricking waste of time is the likes of you moaning and groaning endlessly about the ACA, especially when I'd be surprised if it even affects you. It is settled law, it is being implemented despite gargantuan failed efforts to stop it. Why not just cool your jets and let's see what happens in the intermediate term. It's a messy law because it was invented by committee. It will need refinement. The computer thing is a travesty. And the president should have pointed out the narrow exception to the "keep your policy" statement and should have said that you can "keep your policy unless it's crappy and useless."

But it is also our best hope for a decent system, as z and others have pointed out.

Last edited by AR; November 10th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.