View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
First Mate

Funny because I'm from the North East and many of my friends are excited by the addition of first class ships to the NYC area!!! Both "cruisers" and non cruisers. The cost of flying to Florida and staying over night before the cruise is more than equal to the cost of a couple of extra days cruising. The ship has so much to offer that those two days can and will be used to explore the ship, relax and enjoy all the ship has to offer. And spend quality time with my girlfriend rather than running around airports and checking in and out of hotels. No worries about airline luggage restrictions or plane delays. Many people I know have not gone on cruises cuz they think it's a hassle to have to fly then cruise. Now A friend drops us off and we are on vacation! That quick!!!

As for the expense of cruising??? I just spent a week in Nashville and it was not cheap. (Had a blast) I think cruising offers the biggest bang for the buck!

I will say this I do not see the appeal of a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas. The 11 & 12 day itineraries are awesome. IMO!

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N