View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM
First Mate

Hi there,

I just want to add my Canadian view of this "conversation"

We didn't begin cruising until September 2004, and we drove down from Ontario, Canada to Baltimore for our first cruise, we have since been on 9 more cruises.

It is the BEST VACATION EVER for sure, and that is why we continue to cruise. We drove down to Fort Lauderdale this past February to go on the Oasis of the Seas.....an amazing ship to be sure!! It was like a mini vacation for 2 days on the drive down and we loved it. We usually drive to either Baltimore or Bayonne to cruise from and we love both ports. We have left from Bayonne in November, and yes it was a little on the cool side when we left but we were dressed for it and didn't mind it one bit because we knew the warmth wasn't far away and we were on a CRUISE......no laundry, no cooking no cleaning......ahhhhh heaven!!
We have booked the Quantum of the Seas for March 1st 2015, the 12 night from Bayonne and can't wait......yes, it is expensive but booking over a year away gives us a lot of time to save

No matter how cold it is, or where we have to embark from...we don't really care as long as we're on a ship!! It is wonderful that a newer ship is coming closer to us up here in Canada...and I think all of you in the States should count your blessings.....you have a TON of cruiseships to choose from.....whether it's from Florida, or the north east coast...us up here in Canada have..........mmmmmm not so many

Happy Cruising to US ALL, no matter which ship or from where

Gail
Comet Cruiser