View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Also notable - ONE cruise lines does allow you to bring alcohol onboard:

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 corking fee.
That being said ... last year when I was on the Dream and had my bottle of rum in the cabin ... a mixed drink made in my cabin and carried with me in a glass that is the same as they serve in ... no one knows the difference. Same with using my refillable drink mug from our Orlando resorts.

That also being said, even with liquor in the cabin, I still spend at the bars. Certainly nowhere near as much as when I didn't have the liquor with me ... but heck, who wants to keep trekking back to the cabin every time the well runs dry?

Will pretty much do it the same way next month when I am on the Dream again.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.