Thread: Elite Status?
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Admiral

I've been looking at the new system. Now, this is my opinion based on what I see being posted more than anything.

If you have been sailing as Elite (crossover) and were with one actual cruise of being Elite on your own, you were given a bonus to be sure you actually reach Elite on your next cruise.

If you were one short of Elite because you only have only sailed with Celebrity and have never actually had Elite benefits, you were not given any bonus points.

There have been no bonus points awarded to those who were almost select as they weren't receiving any benefits prior to the conversion.

As the crossover is only to the Elite/D levels, the Elite + must earn their points on their own by sailing Celebrity. Therefore, a lot of people who thought they were going to receive E+ benefits based on being D+ are not. And some are complaining bitterly about it.

I have no problem with the new program. I do not sail for points. I will accept any perks that are offered but are not offended if I haven't earned them.

And then there are those who think they should have it all

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.