View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Default Royal Princess Day 3, Oct. 31, 2013

Royal Princess Inaugural Caribbean, Oct. 29-Nov. 3, 2013,Day 3 Halloween

October 31st, Halloween at sea, and it sure felt strange being in beautiful sunny warm temperatures on the last day of October. Some of the bars and public areas on the ship were decorated for the occasion, and there were Halloween themed movies and activities throughout the day.

We started our day up on the Sports Deck 18 aft where there was a nice walking track around the Centre Court area. During the day you could find Zumba classes going on there, basketball games, soccer, batting cage, putt putt competitions,and line dancing classes. It was a very busy spot. We opted for just the walking track; 7 laps around the track equaled 1 mile, and the views of the sea were spectacular.

One of the interesting things about the Sport Deck was the intermittent placement of various exercise stations around the track area. They were made of steel and rubber, and were designed to strengthen muscles of all parts of the body, through walking, stepping, twisting, and lifting. I had to try out a few of them!

Being a sea day, most of my time was spent at my favourite sea day activity, lying by the pool in the sun. The main pool area was divided into two; a rectangular shaped pool, and a smaller, round pool, both of which were surrounded by a shallow wading area. In between the two was a raised platform which at different times either held extra deck chairs, or was cleared off so children (and adults!) could play in the fountain geysers that shot up through the floor. On certain evenings, these fountains were also a source of colourful and musical entertainment.

Lunch this day was a sea day specialty on Princess, the British Pub lunch in the Wheelhouse Bar. There was a choice of popular British pub fare such as Fish & Chips, Steak & Kidney Pie or Ploughman's Lunch, with Bread Pudding for dessert, and of course, a British ale as well. It was delicious!

Lunch was followed by an afternoon of lounging by the pool. Deck chairs were hard to come by, but you could usually find one on one of the upper levels. James preferred the comfy rattan couches in the shade, and you were lucky to get a seat on one of those, they were always full occupied.

This evening was a formal night in the dining room, and we dined with our friends Wendy & Steve. Sadly, none of us thought to get a photo of us all dressed up for the occasion, but we did enjoy a delicious meal and great service. I had wine braised short ribs that were tender as a pot roast, and James had a delightful Beef Wellington. I also enjoyed my favourite Princess dessert, the chocolatey Love Boat Dream.

After dinner we went to the Princess Live! Theatre to play interactive Halloween Trivia, where we had to identify Halloween themed movies and music;it was a lot of fun. This was followed later in the evening by "Unplugged Trivia" in the same theatre. This consisted of two of the most entertaining and hilarious of the cruise staff, one hosting and one playing the guitar, and we had to guess what song he was playing from a few opening bars.These two made the best comedy team and it was the most fun we had playing trivia all week!

Halloween wasn't over yet. At 11:00 p.m. there was a big Halloween costume party in the Piazza. We almost had to force ourselves to stay awake long enough to attend, but it was worth it. So many people, including myself, dressed up in costumes and converged on the floor of the Piazza where we danced to the music of the live band The Volume.

Dancing and a costume parade was followed by a selection of winning costumes. The 1st place winner was a very large, very hairy man with a cigar,dressed as the Tooth Fairy, wings and all! It was a fabulous party and we all went to bed hot and exhausted from dancing, ready for some rest and relaxation on Grand Turk tomorrow....

Last edited by rollerdonna; November 27th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links