View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Default Smart Casual Dress code what does it mean?

Formal night my hubby and I are dressing up. My hubby is picking up his new suits today and they are very nice. I like to dress up so not an issue.

I'm a bit confused by Princess website on Smart Casual. I know that Carnival allows nice jeans in the dining room on Smart Casual night. Princess is owned by Carnival. So I was trying to see if Jeans were allowed on Princess. Here is the dress code. Inappropriate dinner wear is casual Jeans with fraying and/or holes. I don't own jeans like that neither does my hubby. Once the jeans are frayed or have a hole we throw them away. I like dark blue or black jeans. I also have a pair of jeans like the photo below I would wear the jeans with a dressy blouse. My hubby's jeans are a dark blue no holes or frays. He wears them with a button shirt either solid color or a Hawaiian shirt is the allowed on Princess? Thanks for the help.

Smart Casual
Passenger attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
  • Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
  • Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links