View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Admiral

I have received a free cruise; well almost a free cruise. I had to pay two days per diem for a 25 day cruise from Sydney to Beijing on Regent Seven Seas Voyager. My travel agent has an annual drawing for a free Regent cruise; we won a few years back. We were originally booked on the Voyager in the Med. The "free cruise" is limited to 12 days; so we had to pay for two days plus our own airfare to Athens. However, the cruise was cancelled so they offered us the 25 day cruise in Asia as a substitute (of course, they paid back our air to Athens, our pre cruise cost, and all incidentals even though we stayed onboard four days in Athens). They transferred over the two days we paid and that was it. Twenty five days all inclusive including shore excursions. As close to a free cruise as I will ever get. We have qualified for the final drawing a couple more times since then but have yet to win a second free cruise.

Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14