View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I read about this and I personally think it was mishandled. It's hard for a spouse with a partner dealing with dementia to sometimes see the forest for the trees. I saw the video, and he says she had always done things by rote, so, he was not worried. Things change, and this change took place onboard a ship. I don't think he should have chosen a cruise, but... with that being said.

The way to deal this delicate matter was mishandled. The husband should have been allowed to come onboard, and ,the situation and disembarkment procedure discussed, with a full understanding of what was about to take place. The newscaster in the video was the one that told him of his refund that Celebrity offered. Had this all taken place prior, he may have had a better understanding of the reason for them leaving and not refused further contact with the representitive.

Think about if these people were your parents, or grandparents, and how upset they would be...I also woner how close the ship was, to leaving port....that might explain the haste.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; December 11th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.