Thread: Alaska cruise
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:43 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post

Also recommend Celebrity cruiseline as they tend to have less kids, better staff and higher quality food. They might cost 100-200 more per week but it's worth it. For example I just spent 3 weeks on the NCL Epic and the best way to describe the experience is death by a thousand cuts. Nothing so bad it ruined the trip but everything had issues from rude staff, to cold food, to ordering drinks and they never came. Celebrity is like an ipad it just works smoothly out of the box.
Agree with much of what you said, but I have to quibble with you concerning your comments about the Epic. Just off the Epic this month, and though it differs from a small ship experience, we found the food and entertainment to be top notch! And NCL employees we have found to be the best at sea. Yes, the Celebrity cruise fare will probably be more. I'd rather take those extra cruise $$ and upgrade to a suite or add specialty dining on several nights, or book a nice excursion on NCL.

We did Alaska on the Sun out of Vancouver roundtrip. Fabulous cruise, but we did spend some $$ on excursions. If you can manage it, it will make a huge difference in your experience!