View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Adams was the only Federalist president I know of. Jefferson would be the answer since he was of the Jefferson Republican Party. Actually he was the Democratic-Republican party but later called the Jefferson Republican Party.

Take care,
Mike
Yup Thomas Jefferson was the first president to "change" parties. It was considered a big deal at the time to have a change of ruling party without war. He was Democratic-Republican and Adams was the Federalist. Interesting side note both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day it was July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

I think it's interesting George Washington refused to acknowledge a party he was concerned it was give one party too much power and believed that could cause problems. I would love to see a serious Presidential candidate decline to acknowledge a party for this reason. I wonder how that would go down. It's so expensive to run a president campaign that they need the party's money. But having political parties really was hinder congress. Also there is too much pressure to vote party lines instead of from what you believe in. Humans have such a need to label everything it's really a bad thing for us sometimes. Anyway that was fun. Thanks for playing.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994