View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be aboard for both the naming ceremony and one-night hobnob cruise, and then on the February 8th 7-night cruise.

I also think the Waterfront will be 'the place' to hang out and it fits perfectly with the Miami theme, plus the local weather most of the time.

To be honest I have not sailed with Norwegian in many years and they have been on my backburner. So I am excited to see how things are with them after about 10 years of doing other cruise lines.

I have a mini-suite for the overnight cruise and then move to one of the studio cabins for solo cruisers on the 7-night itinerary. I am curious about the solo thing with their exclusive lounge. As I recall, Paul had one on the Epic when it sailed from Europe on it's maiden voyage and liked the concept.
We have cruised exclusively with NCL after discovering them in 2010. Getaway will be number 6 and we have the POA in Hawaii next summer. We have done HAL, Carnival, RCI, Celebrity and Princess and much prefer NCL for it's casual laid back feel. Not a fan of the formality on some of those other lines.

Looking forward to the Waterfront area as well. Want to check out the bar on the port side, Sugarcane or Sunset, I can't remember which, for sailaway out of Miami. That area seems to be somewhat under utilized on the Breskaway from what I have read.

This will be our first experience on a brand new ship, so hope they get all the bugs out of the system on your sailing. We are booked in a mini suite with large balcony on deck 8 forward. ( M6 ). Love the location close to the Waterfront and all the midship action. A few reviews and pictures are beginning to trickle in from the 1 nighter in Europe. I hope you come back and report in with your impressions, must sees and tips after your sailing.