View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Well, I admit I was shocked at the idea of no tablecloths at first, but then I went back and looked at some of the photos I took on our recent Epic cruise with NCL.

I neglected to take any photos in the MDR, but I'm pretty sure there was a tablecloth on our table when we dined there on the first night. I would have sworn there were tablecloths in the specialty venues as well, but when I looked at my photos, there were none on the tables. Table were set with placemats and lovely china. I had not even missed or noticed the tablecloths were not there! The dining rooms had a very modern and sophisticated feeling.

I guess if the cruise lines can make money saving changes and do them in such a way that I don't even notice, then I am all for it! After all, the alternative is for them to raise the price of our cruise fares, and I am not for that! Cruise fares today are probably less than they were several years ago and they have added many more bells and whistles and options for cruisers without upping the price.

I'll be keeping an eye out for tablecloths on our next cruise on Getaway and will let you know.