View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise planner View Post
Well, based on our cruise on the Carnival Glory in December, people are now allowed to be wearing shorts there as well, even on formal night!

Had a guy walk into the dining room in front of me wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops!! And this was on formal night. When I asked the matre'd if such attire was allowed, her comment was, "We no longer stop them or confront them."

The next night, I watched 3 guys walk into the dining room wearing muscle t-shirts (no arms). Rather disgusting, actually. And then in the specialty restaurant, Emerald Steakhouse, we were told proper attire was 'cruise elegant', yet the guy sitting behind us was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and a baseball hat that he kept on throughout the entire dinner!

Yes, this was Carnival and other cruise lines are better, but I imagine it won't be too long before formal night and nice attire for dinner is a thing of the past.

Pete

I am sure people think that Norwegian, with their Freestyle concept would be as relaxed as Carnival when it come to dress in the MDR, but actually NCL does enforce a dress code in the MDR for dinner. No tank tops, shorts, caps or open toed shoes for men. You can wear dockers or jeans, collared shirts requested, but shorts will be turned away. Same dress code in one of the specialty restaurants, but in the others, shorts are allowed.

I am very happy with this, but I have heard reports of people, probably teens, wearing pajama bottoms to the buffet. I am all for comfort, but that is a little too much for me..