View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Familiar Face

Welcome New Cruiser - You have made the correct choice.

Having recently sailed (November 2013 after the incredible over haul of the beautiful VISIoN of the Seas) I know you made the correct choice. From New wonderful restaurants with tasty great food and options to boot, to aerial shows and a wonderful movie screen poolside to top staff this is the ship, what is even better is the great embarkation in Tampa and the incredible beauty of Grand Cayman! During Vision of the Seas' dry dock in fall 2013, this concept was taken even further; the ship received its Oasis-class makeover, which included six new dining options (Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi, Park Cafe, Chef's Table and a menu of small bites at the already existing Viking Crown Lounge and Nightclub), R Bar, the Centrum Experience (an aerial-aerobatics performance), club members' lounges, Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, an outdoor movie screen, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi, digital signage and cabins updated with new bathrooms, flat-screen LED TVs, carpeting and furnishings. Vision of the Seas' cabins, albeit slightly smaller than some on its sister ships, evoke a modern yet cozy feel that's just right for the ship's size.

The heart of the ship is the Centrum, a six-deck atrium. There's always something going on, whether it's a cooking class, family games, a live band, an art auction or, at nighttime, a jaw-dropping aerial performance. Since you have to cross the Centrum to get just about anywhere on the ship, it's easy to get sucked in -- or at least stop to enjoy the view -- on your way to some place else.

Another appealing aspect of Vision of the Seas is the use of lots of glass walls in public areas to bring the views of the outside in. In fact, more than two acres of glass was used in the ship's construction to make the sun, sea and sky part of the ship's interior as much as possible. I guess the only draw back is you definitely WILL NOT find crowds and gobs of people just relaxation and quaint entertainment that is world's apart from Carnival!

I guess my only question is why your waiting until next year to sail the vision? I sure wish you could join me on the 10 Night Palm Trees & Pink Sand Cruise, a special sailing to Cure Cancer featuring Pink sand and a stop in Historic Charleston SC! as well as golf in Bermuda --- Oh I just cannot wait were sailing 09 June 2014! Oh the beauty of RCI cruises and the Hope for Life for those we don't even know!