View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen View Post

So how was Silhouette?? How are the activities/bands onboard? Food/Shows???[/B]
BEAUTIFUL SHIP!!! The main band was the Smart Casuals from England. They were VERY good. They played a variety of music. There was a jazz band from Argentina that was also very good. The singer Cannon Cox was a solo performer who was just ok. Seemed like he didn't know many songs cuz every time we saw him he played the same songs. Also on board was an acoustic trio that we never saw.

The comedy shows were very good. The Sin City Comedy Show night with Mike Pace was hilarious!!! We went three times cuz he changed his routine every. I think some of the older crowd found some of his routine a bit to risqué. But they pretty much tell you that up front.

In general we were disappointed The ship seem to go a sleep at 11 PM. One night they had a New Years Eve party. Right after midnight the crew that was helping set the mood left and there was less than 10 people left. Nobody was dancing because it was pretty much a 50 yr+ crowd. Several time we requested song to break up the techno/dance. Each time we requested something different several of the people got up and danced with us. When we requested Could You Be Loved By Bob Marley every person was up dancing! As soon as the song was over back to the drum machine driven techno/dance crap and the floor was empty. I don't get it? Why not play what people want to hear??? We walked by the last night at sea hoping for something but there was not one single person in the club! NOT ONE!!!

The food was great! My girlfriend is gluten free and while she was not as pampered as she was on the Oasis she still had plenty of choices. She loved the Aqua Spa Café! Lot's of healthy (gluten free) choices. We ate breakfast there every morning.

Enjoying New Years Eve (In Feb) in an empty club....

Canopies were delivered to our room late every afternoon. Add a couple cocktails and it was our own private happy hour on our balcony!

I will try and add more photos later in the Celebrity section.

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
Celebrity Summit 4/25/15 8N