View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Last Minute Cruise attempt

Good morning on this very frigid day in Michigan. For what seems like the 14th month in a row, it is single digits with another foot of snow projected tomorrow! So, I am knee jerking to the weather and forecast and asking myself, is it possible to get my wife, infant and me on a cruise. So, I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has experience with the questions below. Thanks in advance for your counsel and Happy Sailing!

*Note, we have only recently took our first cruise two years ago. It was really great. Now, we have a one year old (that's not why the cruise was great for those of you thinking that) So, I have concerns about traveling with an infant.

1) I have access to family right near Port Canaveral. We could easily get to the docks if needed. How do I know if there is space available? How do I plan to do this last minute effort? I can be completely ready with regards to luggage and necessities. But, it is really a scenario wherein you walk up, ask if there are open cabins, get an incredible rate and then get on board? My issue here is that I do not have a huge vacation fund to use.

2) Are there many issues in traveling with an infant? Do I need to ask special questions?

thanks again! Rob
Sponsored Links