View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM
First Mate

Originally Posted by TimmyK View Post
Travelbuggs, thanks for the feedback. We r looking forward to our aft suite. I do have a few questions. Is it true that the mini frig comes stocked with soda and water and this is part of the benefits. Does the cabin have a tub with shower or just shower? Thanks. On Royal Caribbean suite guests had a separate section at pool for suite guests. Does NCL have this? I believe we will be on deck 10 and our travel agent got same cabin for our B2B
Timmy, I am assuming you have a category SF booked. To the best of my knowledge, only the top suite, the Owners Suite, comes with any free beverages. Your fridge will be stocked with sodas, beer and small liquor bottles, but there is a fee for their use. Many people just ask the steward to clear the fridge to make room for their own use ( those buckets of beer, buy 5 get the 6th free, or that bottle of wine for the balcony ). You may carry on all the soda, water, mixers you desire with no fee. In most US ports, you can tag them and drop off with your luggage. Not sure how feasible this is in a European port. You would have to research further. You may get a large bottle of water with the suite, just ask the butler or steward what is included. You can also bring on all the wine you want for use anywhere on the ship for a $15 corkage fee per regular sized bottle, paid at the corkage desk when you board. They will store it for you in a restaurant and they can retrieve and redeliver to another restaurant any time.

Don't forget your Butler and Concierge are not included in the Daily Service Charge which will be auto billed to your account, $12 per person per day. We usually tip the Butler some cash in a thank you card at the end of the cruise, and also the concierge. Of course, based on your usage and discretion. You will have afternoon canapés delivered by the butler daily. You can let them know if you have a preference for type of snack.

You aft suite appears to be one large room, rather than with a separate bedroom area. We had a similar setup on the Star, and it was very spacious for the 2 of us. From the floor plan, the bath appears to have a tub with shower.

I have never heard of a separate section at the pool for suite guests with NCL. On the newer ships, there is a private Haven area, a ship within a ship area, exclusive to suite guests only which contains suites, Courtyard with pool and hot tubs, Haven lounge and restaurant and dedicated Courtyard butler. On some ships the forward and aft facing suites have access to this area, but alas, on your ship I don't see any indication of this. If I were you, I might check the prices on these Haven suites now, and then watch for price drops as you near final payment and even after. You might be able to upgrade yourself for only a little more. But that would mean giving up your aft view, .

One thing I do love about your ship is that it appears to have it's wonderful Spinnaker Lounge still intact on deck 13. On some ships, this lounge has been relocated to an interior space and the previous lounge area is now suites. It is a wonderful area with wrap windows, floor to ceiling. Be sure to check it out.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.