View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Sailed the Connie on March 17th and Reflection on March 22. Enjoyed them very much. The Reflection was for nostalgia as it was the last cruise my DH and I did before his illness and untimely death.

We had cabin 7356 which is at the very back of the ship starboard side. It has an odd sized balcony which made it bigger than regular balconies.

We didn't use the main dining room as we had bought the 5 dinner package, which we thought was well worth the money. The other 2 nights we ate in the buffet as we just weren't that hungry. We also used Bistro on 5 for a couple of lunches, particularly on embarkation. No rush - no crowds.. Wonderful.

I had read about loud music on the pool deck and for me it was loud but it wasn't all day so there really wasn't any problem. They are still doing shows in the atrium at night as well as a couple in the theatre. I only attended one.

We didn't even have any problem getting the elevators, especially on debarking day, which really surprised me as that always seems to be an issue.

The beds on both ships were very comfortable and the bathrooms - showers were great.

Celebrity provided a transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Miami for us. There were 5 people changing ships. This is not information they want to share on the phone. Even as a travel agent I couldn't get them to give me an answer on the phone. I had made arrangements myself for a paid transfer but was able to cancel it once they confirmed onboard they would transfer us.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.