View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcruising View Post
Hi All,

Might seem silly but as ive never cruised, just had a thought....

When we get on the Ship...ive read you have to leave your luggage and they take to the ship for you...can i just carry my own on?

Also on the final disembark day, will anywhere be open for a last breakfast? Im on the Majesty of the Seas and it says its back in 7am. Is there a "check out time" of the rooms? Can we leave our cases in room (as id rather carry my own case!) have breakfast then go leave the ship?

Not sure how it all works im afraid.

Thanks
If your luggage will not fit through an "airport" sized scanner you will not be able to take it on yourself. Actually the ones at the port are usually a bit smaller than the airport scanners.

Yes: The buffet and, on many ships, the dining room is open for breakfast. Just be prepared to get there early. (6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.)

They will want you out of the cabin around 8:00 a.m.. You can wait in a lounge or other area until your luggage color is called. (you receive luggage tags on the last night of the cruise.)

There is also self-disembarkation where you just carry all of your luggage off. These are usually the first to be called and it could be quite early. If you can easily handle your luggage this may be the way to go.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me