Thread: I feel trapped
View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old April 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Mike M's Avatar
Mike M Mike M is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 24,364

Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
I am now free to move about the globe. Woo Hoo!

I notice the is no issuing agency or the Department of State is the agency. It used to read New Orleans Passport Authority.
Yep: The issuing agency is United States Department of State. Use U.S. instead of United States when entering the "Issuing agency" information online. Most of the text boxes won't accommodate the required number of characters.

FWIW: If you apply for a GOES card you can zip through Customs and Immigration. If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card they will credit you the $100 fee if you use the card to pay. It also gives you access to the TSA pre-screen line at airport security. Both are great when you travel. At pre-screen you don't have to remove your shoes, belt, computer or electronics. UNLESS you have a pacemaker. Then it's the same but the line is much shorter.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote