View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Admiral

It's about time for American's to spread their wings - and fly. The world is no longer centered around them and their needs/wants. They are missing so much with their self-centered ideas.

You talk about how much it is to fly from the U.S. Well, it's expensive to fly from England, Australia, China, Japan etc to the U.S. I'm afraid that now the shoe is on the other foot.

People go to the states from those countries and don't speak English but they learn - American's will also have to learn to communicate in a multi language setting that is not English/Spanish.

For those that think RCI will lose hoards of cruisers over this - they won't. Like anything else, they may wander for a short while but they'll be back. They like the product, their like their PERKS, - they either won't leave or will be back.

You can bet RCL has taken this all into consideration - losing a few American cruisers vs getting a lot more cruisers from a new market - no brainer. It's all about the money, not the "loyal" cruiser. Everyone is just a number to them $$$$$$$number.

It seems to me RCI has been downgrading the "loyalty" perks for some time now. They know what they are doing.

Yes, they may well have changed their collective minds on the timing of this move, but it was going to happen no matter what. It was only a matter of when - now everyone know the "when".

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.