View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
NCL has canceled Joan Rivers Comedy gig, because of the backlash about the remark she made last week, regarding Michelle Knight. Joan made a joke about Michelle's being kept captive with 2 other women, in the home of a maniac.

IMHO, over the past few years, Joan has become a joke herself...I say good for NCL.
Joan Rivers is certainly not my favorite comedian, but I do respect her, and it is the nature of comedy to be on the cutting edge, and not much is sacred or politically correct. If you actually read the joke, the comment was in reference to the size of the room in comparison to her stateroom size.

But I do wonder what idiot at NCL decided that this type of no holds barred comedy was appropriate for a family friendly cruise line and booked her to begin with! They must have done no research at all. Maybe they should have caught a couple episodes of Fashion Police or seen a show of hers first.

If you ask me, I think someone at NCL with some sense suddenly got way more worried about having someone with Joan's voice talking about their cabins, food and ship after the gig was over. She could probably have made it into an entire routine. And I will bet that Joan will still collect her fee for this contract.