View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Just got off the Carnival Imagination

We just got off this very cruise. First of all let me say you are smart for picking your date for this cruise. School will be back in session and there should be less kids and teenagers. We had 750 kids on this week. They were mostly prevalent at the Pool and café areas. Some did get cranky. Most seemed to be cranked up on sugar.
We enjoyed the food in the dining room the best. We were on the my time plan and found that if we went when they opened we got seated right away and the service wasn't so hectic. When we tried to go to dining in first couple of hours after they opened then we would be given a pager and had to wait 30 - 45 minutes before being seated. Then we missed the first 2 nights of shows.
If you love to sing, there are plenty of opportunities. The best is on the night that you have a real band playing for you. The host - Sean - was great. He remembers your name right away and loves spinning the music.
There are many chances for portraits to be taken of all different backgrounds. The photographers are excellent. I recommend you try many backgrounds, to find the perfect ones for purchase. I was amazed at how many backgrounds and Photographers there were. But they are there for you doing their job. I should have used their service more.
When the ship was in port or when a special event like Bingo was going on, where the crowds flock to, was when we took the opportunity to get in the hot tubs.
Maybe September will be better though.
The ship was comfortable. We slept very well. Gained 5 pounds. But that will be taken care of once home. We had a great Room Steward, a great cruise director. All the staff were nice.
Oh we did find that the ship was cold. So be sure to prepare for that.
Have a good trip.
M n O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhudd View Post
We're booked for a 4 day cruise aboard this ship. Sailing from San Pedro,Ca to Santa Catalina Island and on to Ensenada, Mexico. Departing on 21st of September 2014...Any thoughts and or Comments regarding this ship? Diane & Davc.