Thread: how to: ALASKA?
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Hi! This will be my 10th cruise but first to Alaska<2015> and I have pondered the same question you have. We have finally purchased a Princess cruise its the Denali Explorer cruise 12 days which is 5 land days and 7 day cruise. Flying into Anchorage and cruising to V BC. Booked a mini suite since I have been hearing its wonderful to sit out on the balcony and let the glaciers go by you But if your budget does not permit it I think an inside is good as well as you can use the ship to sit outside. Its whatever you prefer. I have cruised both and must say I prefer a balcony anytime. To sit, have breakfast or just watch the scenery in private is awesome. As what to book again whatever you are planning on seeing. Read many boards, check out itineraries and see what you like. The expense of excursions is up to you and your budget. I usually never spend a bunch of money however on this cruise I am doing a few and it totals over 1100$. But again its what I am planning for and to me this is the trip of a life time. Choose first what and where you want to go. Also check out the different cruise lines. Each are a bit different . I have cruised Royal C. 3 times and Princess only once. However I think Princess seems to be doing a better itinerary for what I want to see. The RT cruise is def cheaper if you want to "just touch" Alaska. I think any cruise is better than none Good luck!