View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Too many choices, can't pick first cruise!

Hi everybody!

I am new on this site! I have been doing a lot of research for our first cruise that I am planning on taking in November 2016 for my 40th birthday in the Caribbean with my husband and 2 kids (7 and 9 at the time of the cruise).

I would love to have suggestions from the any of you that have done numerous cruises.

So far from what I have read, I am leaning towards RCI because I was told that it is better than Carnival for food and accomodations but still very family oriented. The people that I know that have been on cruises have only been on Carnival or RCI so I don't know much about any othe ones.

I wanted to be on the cruise on the day of my birthday wich is November 20th but not finishing the cruise on that day, 7-10 day cruise.

I am not sure if I want to depart from Florida or from San Juan. Would there be a very big advantage of departing from San Juan that I wouldn't know about?

We want a ship where we will be eating well. Nice beaches is what is most important when visiting islands.

Please let me know if I should be providing any more info in order to get help. Thanks in advance!