View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

The food was very good with a nice variety. Many nights I ordered two entrees because I could not make up my mind. Carnival has better pizza but Celebritys burgers and hot dogs win the prize. Out on deck the offer Belgium waffles with warm butter and syrup so don't miss out there. The drinks during the day were tea, fruit punch, and lemonade. Fountain cards are $5 per day if you want that option too. They had different flavers of soft serve frozen yogurt and fresh made ice cream daily. Do not miss the melons on parade or the grand buffet. You will not believe your eyes. I did not eat at either but stayed up just to take pictures.

The singers and dancers are great. Don't miss the tribute to Broadway shows. The costumes blew me away.

We had a great cabin. We were in # 6112 mid ship and the water was like glass. Only 2-3 foot waves in both directions. It felt like we never left port.

The kids program was something to be desired for though. There were only 30 kids on board out of about 1200 passengers so the activites were lacking. My son who is 9 was grouped with 3 year olds. The people in charge of the program were great, I don't blame them at all. They did the best with what they had to work with.

The pools are not for younger kids. There is one large whirlpool which starts at about 3' and goes to 4.5' and the big pool is 5' 6" the whole way. Even with the smooth water, the waves were splashing over the top.

Oh, and a note about Norfolk... I believe it is the best port ever. The crew was friendly and efficient. We were on board eating by 11:00 and off by 8:30.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005