View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
I have traveld alone on two cruises and I basically got a single inner cabin at a slightly higher than single rate. i found out about the deal on Cruisemates from a cruiser who had seen it advertised. The second cruise was from VAC and the reason I go the single rate was that I asked what the single rate would be and found it was a little higher than the advertised single rate. Now here is the question, and before you answer contact a travel agent for the best rate or keep on monitoring the Cruisemate forums for special deals and check repositioning cruise announcements. I was sondering if there were any other ways that I could find out about special cruise deals at special rates. I was a little perturbed to hear that on the one cruise I was on, that a cruise group got a better deal than I had gotten which was pretty good. This is not a complaint. I am only seeking knowledge from the the knowledgable. i am not looking for the cheapest rate but I do want to avoid the single supplement charge if possible which I have done, but only by luck and a little research.
Thanks one and all for assistance.
I have found that getting studio cabins on NCL is the best way to go. When you go to their site, make sure that where it says number of passengers is 1. They automatically put 2 when you get to the page and this hides the single rates.