View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Madame Sharon

Default Re: Century hints or tips

I've sailed on the Century twice. I prefer the Summit and Infinity - their pool decks are so much better. The Century pools have only a ladder for access in and out of the water - older cruisers and the disabled are unable to get in and out of the pools. Plus, the pools are very small. The Century looks a little worn too, unlike the larger, newer Celebrity ships. I didn't care for the very aloof Maitre'd, and our waiter never learned our names or dining preferences - and we were onboard for two 7 day cruises back-to-back. We booked a really good cabin (we thought) on the Century. We were down the hall from the atrium in a HUGE cabin. The problem was that day and night, we would hear loud banging outside the cabin window. Our neighbors all heard it too. I thought it would drive us crazy - everyone reported the problem, and NOTHING was done to correct it. Finally, two days into the second half of the cruise, Celebrity moved us to another cabin. I've never had a MAJOR problem like this on any other Celebrity ship. We were not compensated in any way. Consequently, I much prefer the Infinity and Summit to the Century.