View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
Wross2

Default I just dont get it............................

I have been on a total of 6 cruises in the past 4 years, 2 Celebrity, 2 RCCL, I Orient Lines and 1 NCL. My first Celebrity cruise was 10 days on the Mercury. I really didnt see what all the hype was about. People come in on cruisemates and make Celebrity seem like the best thing since sliced bread. So I thought maybe I missed something and decided to give it another go and did the Infinity to Alaska. I was left with the same feeling....I just dont get it. Compared to the other cruises Celebrity was about the same. Its all built and designed for the mass market any way you slice it. The staff on the ships are the same underpaid, overworked staff as on any other ship and the condition of the 2 Celebrity ships I sailed on was marginal at best. The food was OK. I thought RCCL had better food. The entertainment was very poor compared to RCCL and NCL. Celebrity does do some things that some of the others dont. Sorbet and cold towels by the pool, however infrequently. I think it happended 2 times on a 10 day sailing. So now the defenders of this line, many who have been on 250 cruises each, will post things here that will make Celebrity seem like heaven on earth as they always do. Trust me when I tell you there is nothing extraordinary about this line. If your shopping around and they come in with a good price and they are going where you want to go then by all means do with Celebrity. But dont go out of your way or pay more for a Celebrity cruise because you will be disappointed.
Sponsored Links