View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Ship's

We were on the Mercury just a few months ago on Sky Deck cabin 1222.

There was no real location issues. We did feel the ships movements a little more because of being at a higher deck level. But since I donít get sea sick...I think I noticed it more, but it didnít bother me.

We didnít hear any noise...there is some sort of walking track above...heard one or two children running twice in a 10 day cruise...so no real problems there. Actually we liked the location...we could walk right down stairs for breakfast! If we wanted to go on deck to sit and read...we just walk out the cabin turn right...a few steps later ...there we were. Nice.

We had more issues with the cabin being worn. We had a broken chair, broken sliding glass door handle, mold in the shower...toilet and shower wouldnít drain....curtains torn and dirty...

But....cabin and Butler service was excellent!

The cabin veranda area is large and very comfortable! One note here: You can see down into the veranda area somewhat from the walking deck above. Not a lot of people go up there...but itís worth a mention.

If you are used to suites on other ships...you will be in for a slight shock. Sky suites are on the SMALL size. Just FYI.

The Mercury is very very clean and well maintained (except for the above mentioned cabin issues...which BTW were taken care of !)

Hope this helps.