Thread: general info
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Misty

Default Re: general info

Hi. I just came off the March 13-20 cruise.

I can tell you all about the cruise. Yes Roman Evening is an evening but it's called Toga night insted. You don't have to wear a toga but you can. They are give it to you on Saturday night. They are sheets you tie up on your self so bring white shorts and a top to wear under it. Your not allow to use pins to hold your toga up. You have 2 formal nights Monday and Friday. Formal night is a nice jaket or just a dress shirt. I saw some wereing tuxes. I went in a ball gown (but I'am also 21) the older ladies wore shiney dresses (short) younger more like prom dresses.

Yes you can buy alcohol, but the only thing is you are only allowed 7 bottles per person. 1 from the first island 5 from St. Thomas and one from another island. The only thing is your not allowed to drink them on the boat. They keep them until you get off. If you buy a wine at dinner and don't finish it they put it away unitl you come back to dinner or you can take it with to your room. They put your wine when you buy in a box.

Your allowed $800 (per person) duty free money on the islands but once you hit St. Thomas you are allowed $1600 (per person). Best thing to get is diamands. Loose gems don't count against duty free money. You will get up to 60-70% off of diamands down there.

Make sure you bring all the cash you need for the island becasue they don't have an ATM on the ship!

Could you do a favor for me please. It's very simple. When you get on the ship and are going to go to dinner in the dinning hall please stop by table 48 on deck 2 (it's in the far back on the left hand side) and give a message to the waiter by the name of Michael. Please tell him to email Misty Trucks at mtrucks@hotmail.com (or call) he will know who you are talking about. If he doesn't know off hand just tell him the one in the blue toga. I was unable to say good bye to him I also wanted to sed him the picture of all of us.

If you don't have an assigned table yet then I would recommend table 48 were your head waiter is Joseph and his assistant waiter is Micheal. You will have a great time at any meal if they are you waiters.

If anyone can do this for me that would be great. I have been looking on the net trying to find away to contact him. Thank you. If you can do this for me then please reply to this message. Thank you again.