View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Cruzing

Default Re: Re: Charge for Todd English Dining

Okay, I just came onboard here and see that there has been quite a bit of judging on the Carnival/Cunard experience. I read the CruisePals posts as well as the other threads and while I may disagree with a few of CruisePals notions, I do not agree that Carnival allows each cruise line entity that it operates to stand alone. Carnival did purchase fine stand alone cruise lines and left them alone. In the case of QM it appears as though they might as well start to ready the purple and red paint and rename this ship something other than QM2. I've also read more bad posts (sans CruisePal) about the QM2 than good ones. I guess everyone has their own idea of what's a great cruise and some people luck out on carnival and some don't. It depends on what you're into. Carnival has a habit of naming its ships with eye catching names like Fascination, Imagination, etc. I will tell you there's nothing fascinating about the fascination and no imagination was put into the Imagination.

If you had a good experience on Carnival, God bless you, many have not and those who can't afford other lines go slumming on Carnival. It seems people are paying alot of money to sail on QM2 and getting a Carnival experience. As for tipping. I tip the way I want and don't like automated tipping as I don't think anyone has the right to make that decision for the cruiser. Just who does Cunard/Carnival think it is? How about some truth in advertising. Can you wait, yeah I can wait.